Sunday 14 December 2014

Trojan Horse Hidden Communication Via Invisible Internet Project (I2P)



The makers of a Trojan horse that is specifically designed to steal money from bank accounts have released a new variant that uses I2P to communicate with infected computers. I2P stands for Invisible Internet Project (I2P) and is a network layer allowing application messages safely and pseudo -Anonymous can exchange.



According PhishMe security company that the new variant discovered I2P can be seen as a "secure version of Tor". Thus true DNS destination is standard shielded and it features peer-to-peer features, IP2 each node can act as an exit node. At the Tor network servers must be specifically set as an exit node.

In the case of the Dyre banking Trojan , also known as Dyreza, I2P provides the attackers a separate communication channel which is difficult to analyze and detect. Yet managers are not powerless says analyst Ronnie Tokazowski. Indeed, it is possible to capture I2P on the top-level domain (.i2p) off and thus stop the spread and possibly make IP2 traffic network harmless.

No comments:

Post a Comment